Remember to log onto Google Classroom for a hello message from me!
This week we are finishing looking at statistics. We are currently following the White Rose Hub units. All the answers and videos are linked below.
Bar charts but today's activity is practical! Have a watch of the video to find out what you need to do! Our booklet is not needed!
Have a go at solving these problems! They are flashback card to previous learning of different areas of maths.
You can also go onto MathShed and practice your times-tables and their inverse.
Click here for a link to the website, you log in through Edshed.
For today we are continuing our Somerset Literacy Network plan on The Seven Sisters. Once you have completed this activity, the second part of literacy will be to do with book week! Take a look below!
Today we are going to be editors and put on our editor hats to find some missing words. I will also attach this as a word document below!
Some extracts from the story have been copied out below, but one word in each sentence has been copied down incorrectly. Without looking back at the text, spot the incorrect word and change it to what it should be, make sure to copy them out into your yellow book! Best handwriting!
1. There he lived with his wife, Queen Eleanor, and his seven sons.
2. The cottage had always been a place of fun and laughter.
3. Queen Eleanor was struck down one winter by the bus and tragically died the following spring.
4. Whenever the king saw his soldiers singing and dancing and having fun, he would fly into a terrible rage.
5. When the king reached the disco where he had been told his daughters were dancing, he saw nothing.
6. Time passed, and the king was anxious that his daughters should leave.
7. Soon the day came when suitable dresses had been made for all the king’s daughters.
8. It was here that Gaia understood their homework and took pity on them.
9. Should you ever walk up Cothelstone Hill, you will see a group of oak trees standing in a clump at the very top.
Book Week Challenge!
Today on Bishop's Hull TV, Mrs Payne has recorded a video to celebrate book week.
Watch it on Bishop's Hull TV then come back here and choose one of the two activities below!
Read Write Inc
In Read Write Inc we are continuing looking at our new unit, this is unit 11 focussing on adding the prefix re, it is on page 45-48. But today I would like you to just work on page 46 and complete the dots and dashes activity as well as the word changers activity. Try not to skip ahead to other activities as it is important to do a little bit every day. Next week we shall be looking at dictation and four-in-a-row.
I would like you to spend some time every day reading your reading book or any book you are enjoying. It is great to read to others but it is also good to do some independent reading! Maybe you could send in some book reviews that we could share on our webpage!
REMEMBER, we now have a great website called GetEpic! It would be wonderful to see you using that as well!
We have now come to the end of our science unit on light and dark! As we are back in the classroom next week, I want to save starting a new unit for then. So for today's activity, I would like you to create a leaflet all about light and dark and what you have discovered in this unit!
Remember to use all of the information you have learned, I will also leave links below to all of the PowerPoints we have looked at and the Espresso videos. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Click here for a link to the Espresso website where there are videos on light and dark
Click here for a link to the BBC Bitesize website where there are lots of videos on light and dark.