In maths today we are continuing looking at fractions.
Below is the video of today's lesson. Have a watch and then try the activity linked below. I have also put in the answers to mark your work when you are finished.
Attached below is a file of extra reasoning problems. Have a go at a few of these to help extend your learning of fractions.
For today we are continuing our Somerset Literacy Network plan on The Seven Sisters. There are 2 parts to today's lesson.
Today we are going to be editors and put on our editor hats to find some missing words. I will also attach this as a word document below!
Some extracts from the story have been copied out below, but one word in each sentence has been copied down incorrectly. Without looking back at the text, spot the incorrect word and change it to what it should be, make sure to use your best handwriting!
1. There he lived with his wife, Queen Eleanor, and his seven sons.
2. The cottage had always been a place of fun and laughter.
3. Queen Eleanor was struck down one winter by the bus and tragically died the following spring.
4. Whenever the king saw his soldiers singing and dancing and having fun, he would fly into a terrible rage.
5. When the king reached the disco where he had been told his daughters were dancing, he saw nothing.
6. Time passed, and the king was anxious that his daughters should leave.
7. Soon the day came when suitable dresses had been made for all the king’s daughters.
8. It was here that Gaia understood their homework and took pity on them.
9. Should you ever walk up Cothelstone Hill, you will see a group of oak trees standing in a clump at the very top.
Have a go at improving the sentences by turning them into 2a sentences or by adding better vocabulary!
I would like you to spend some time every day reading your reading book or any book you are enjoying. It is great to read to others but it is also good to do some independent reading! Maybe you could send in some book reviews that we could share on our webpage!
Today we are looking our new unit 21 spellings. As always they will be updated on the spelling tab on the front of our class webpage.
Today we are continuing our science unit all about light. For today's lesson we are going to be looking at reflective surfaces. There is a PowerPoint attached below helping to explain, it also includes some small activities for investigation. The main activity today will be designing a school bag which will help to reflect light. All the files needed are attached below.
Click here for an Espresso video all about reflective surfaces!